Monday, April 21, 2008

Why Are We Still Wasting Tax Dollars On This?


In honor of my grandson's birthday on 4/20, I post the following:
Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) has introduced a bill to decriminalize the personal use of marijuana and legalize the use of marijuana when prescribed for medical purposes. "I think it is poor law enforcement to keep on the books legislation that establishes as a crime something which in fact society does not seriously wish to prosecute," said Frank. The bill would remove all federal criminal sanctions for possession of up to 100 grams of marijuana.


Two weeks ago I had a police officer tell me the exact same thing...that he thinks it weakens our respect for the law when it is no longer being properly enforced. He felt legalization made sense because judges were no longer interested in sentencing people with small amounts in their possession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home