Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oh, but's its okay for white males to talk this way...


Heaven forbid a minority woman talk in this manner, but apparently its okay for a white guy. I guess the difference, like the article says, is that conservatives know he is bullshitting when he says it and they are afraid the Hispanic woman might be serious when she says shit like this...



Here is a passage quoting Sam Alito at his confirmation:


Because when a case comes before me involving, let's say, someone who is an immigrant -- and we get an awful lot of immigration cases and naturalization cases -- I can't help but think of my own ancestors, because it wasn't that long ago when they were in that position.
[...]
When I get a case about discrimination, I have to think about people in my own family who suffered discrimination because of their ethnic background or because of religion or because of gender. And I do take that into account.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home