Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Cowardly Reader Responds



I got a letter yesterday from some coward who would not even sign his own name. The person was responding to my recent profile in the Fresno Bee's opinion page. He began by saying that I was a puppet of MoveOn.org and went on to say that I was ignorant of how much the rich actually paid in taxes. Perhaps the chart here will demonstrate that the top tax rate (represented by the purple line on the chart) has consistently fallen over the past 50 years from a high of 90% to less than half of that! The fact is that the tax burden on the wealthy is far less than it was 50 years ago. I am dumbfounded as to how any rich person can complain about today's tax structure. Also, note that the chart does not reflect the additional tax cuts for the wealthy under the Cheney administration!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home