Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bush Beyond Flip Flopping


Thank you to the Bee for publishing my letter today......



I am amazed that Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice had this to say about Russia's invasion of Georgia: "This is not 1968 and the invasion of Czechoslovakia where Russia can threaten a neighbor, occupy a capital, overthrow a government and get away with it. Things have changed."
Well, I am not sure what "things" she is referring to, but they must have "changed" sometime after the U.S. threatened Iraq, occupied its capital, overthrew its government and completely got away with it.
And while President Bush and Secretary Rice are busy being the pot that calls the kettle black, I wish they could take just a minute to remind me why it is acceptable to play kissy-face with the Chinese communist regime at the Olympics, but to treat the little island of Cuba as a serious threat to world peace.
I know President Bush loves to accuse his opponents of flip-flopping, but what can we call him when he maintains opposite positions simultaneously? At least a flip-flopper only has one position at a time.


Jeffrey W. Eisinger
Fresno

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home