Saturday, November 01, 2008

Voting Malfunction


My wife and I went downtown to vote yesterday. Tuesday is a busy day for me and I wanted to be sure I got a chance to vote. My wife had no problem getting a ballot. However, the clerk told me that they had received a notice from another county that I had re-registered in that county. I had certainly done no such thing though.

A supervisor was brought over and he reviewed my voting history and accepted my story that I had not moved to another county. I was then given my ballot. I wonder though what the outcome would have been had I waited until election day and been one of hundreds standing in a long line to cast my ballot. I probably would have received a provisional ballot, but would it have been rejected down at election headquarters if I was not there to tell my story????

In the back of my mind, I of course wonder if this is the work of some Karl Rove wannabe and whether I am one instance of something that has been done a larger scale to again keep liberals from voting.

I think Tuesday is going to be a nightmare. Just look at the 8 hour lines already forming for people to vote ahead of schedule. Get ready for a long night!

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you got me concerned about my absentee ballot.
I wonder how many of those have been challenged and thrown out without anyone knowing about it. Sunday's (11/2) Bee article on voter suppression in Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada and probably is indicative of what we can expect on election day.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VOte by mail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home